Sunday, August 28, 2011

Do you run Media, or does Media Run YOU.

Here I am blogging something I thought I would never do. So bare with me I am not computer savvy. I can type tweet, facebook, shop and some other things but, blogging it is a pretty gray area for me.

Media, something everyone partakes in wither you want to or not; try or try to avoid.  Regardless if your reading who slept with who, is Kim K but is real ,or watching and tracking what is going on with hurricane Irene. You are still involved in media. Media comes in all different type of packages: words, gestures, radio, internet, and more. As years go by media stays around just the delivery changes as technology enhances. 
  Starting this new communications class my Professor gave us three questions to think about. First one being  what role does media play in daily life. I think what role doesn't media play in daily life. With the new social networks and all the news be sensationalized it is a big role. Youth these days wake up to twitter go asleep to TMZ.  Media is the bread butter to our generation and with the new technology we are always connected to any form we choose. Media creates social forum' class topics, disputes and things to do in spare time.
    The Second question was "Do you Consume or put out Media". I feel it was one big recycling circle we  We put out and out it. We as people consume tell someone else and keep it traveling. A swell as adding our own thoughts and opinions. People interpret and  pass on what the hear or what the found was interesting from what they hear. What the saw paintings tattoos and more. One thing I find to be funny is War of the Worlds by H.G Wells it was a a radio broadcast about aliens taking over our world on Oct. . This being a new form of media  people took it way serious and spazed kinda sorta. We have grown so far from just radio broadcast to reality shows, shows, scripted dramas and more. Media continues to grow!

Last but not least i hope to obtain enough knowledge to start my communications path because this will be my career and my life. I would like to get a full understanding of communications and all its components. Learn in a fun and fascinating way, and a passing grade would not hurt lol jkjkjk. 

I hope this blog was okay as time goes by I PROMISE to try to be better.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy your clip from youtube you have to teach me how to do that...But on the topic if this was the old days and you didn't have access to the internet to do shopping, and other things like that ,do you think your life who drastically change?

    ReplyDelete