I feel like the definition of news and need to know information has changed over years. It is no longer news to know the governor or who is on the supreme court but , to know which famous person has done what. I know in Pittsburgh that if the Steelers do anything it is breaking news. News stations are longer are only source of where we get information. We turn to social sites and each other. For example when the earthquake happen I know myself personally did not go read the news paper did not turn on WPXI , but instead grabbed my phone and hit my twittter app. Sad okay maybe just a little , but it is the truth. As we grow and technology and entertainment what is are basic news is no longer considered news. For people my age we do not watch the news like we should. So the things that we identify are not probably what our parents would identify as news. It reaches down to a the lower generation the can recognize simple places like fast food before Jesus.
I personally hate watching the news because it is the same sad song. Someone got shot, someone was found dead and some other crap that is desensitizing my generation, We are so use to someone are age getting shot and dying its becoming the norm. I do not take time to read the newspaper and it is a flaw of mine with some many changes happening in the world I should be more aware but I am not. I rather watch someone spice up the news give us a different way to find out about it. That is not so harsh and heart breaking. Like the break in that happen I did not find out about that on channel four but on Youtube.
Yellow Journalism is more interesting to me than boring old news that makes me wanna go find something to cheer me up
I am worried in where our generation might end up if we do not start taking notice to political news just as much as pop culture.
Do you pay as much attention to whats going on with the stimulus package to if Kims butt is real?
Would you consider our society to be "lazy" when it comes to politics and world issues?
ReplyDelete