How do you view yourself, how do others view you.... how do you want to be viewed. Imagine you live in East-South of Nowhere and your only portal to life or other cultures and ethnicity's' was set channels. The question we are to focus on for this weeks blog is basically does the media depict what or who we are in essence that is the question. I do not feel that media or any form of it can show who you are judging off of race or social ranking. A lot that media displays is stereotype. My professor said while he was away teaching, only American streaming station was BET. Now i would not want a bunch of impressionable kids to think that every black girl in america displays and carry's themselves like what they show. Not all videos are bad but regardless of what they show I am not them.
Now I am a 20 year old Black female I am in school and i am not shaking my back all crazy on tv. No not knocking what these young ladies decided to do as there profession but i do not need someone thinking that i am okay with some man sliding a card down my back side.
It is not just in the black community or things stereotyped white people are too. They are painted to be this imagine of great riches and education. All white people are not rich or smart. They make you think all Mexicans are working as bus boys at some restaurant.
Even the news when do you ever see some Hispanic or black on the news in a positive light... "Don't worry I'll wait" . Media shows a lot of stereotypes and very little real life or fact.
Reality Shows as well i was just watching Keeping up with the Kardashins and Kim was crying over loosing her earring where there are kids not crying of the death of loved ones something so much bigger and her stupid earring was insured. I was disgusted i would not want to be viewed as an american like that past race color AMERICAN. I would think we were all materialistic if that is all I was being showed.
As an African American I do not like they way my race is shown or viewed.
Watch this and think....
note: this is not my best blog had to remember what I typed and do it over before ten.
No comments:
Post a Comment