In class this week we watched the we took the time to look at various things which I will describe through out my blog we visited we talked about the Disney affect. The Disney affect is basically having young girl fit into the "Disney Princess" mentality that you have to be saved by a man be non-educated and your old fashion"woman. Give up something for a male which leads me to my example Ariel she gave her voice up for a man and he gives up nothing.
I guess subliminally little girls are learning you have to give things up for a mans love and to be pretty and skinny and have long hair and perfect shape. Then they can grow up thinking that is the equivalent to the meaning of pretty. I feel Disney movies are still good and I grew up on them and I feel I am fine I think those movies are fine and they are great to grow up with as longs as the parents ensure the difference between fairy tale and real world. As long as little girls one is possible but love is not just the females responsibility .
We also watched a video with two males and females kissing and there was a noise made in the class that our professor felt offensive. I was the noise and it was not because it was Male on male or female on female I believe my professor forgot I'm the same girl who gets freaked out to watch her parents kiss tongues are just disgusting to me and it freezer framed on an awkward part of there tongues touching it could have been male or female or two dogs kissing and I still would have been freaked out. I feel my professor is stuck in his own mind of everyone thinking homosexuals are offensive find love how you find I feel who am I to stop it. Both of these things talked about our stereotypes and pay no mind to stereotypes or feed into them because in a all reality if I did as black woman should be on section 8 collecting Welfare fresh off of Maury not knowing the father of my 5 kids but I'm not. As long as we continue to train up a child in the way they should good leaving open minds then we can start to make a slight change in our society. Should I have made the noise no it was not appropriate but he went on a whole frenzy when the homosexuals was not even the issue.
No comments:
Post a Comment